It’s been a little while! I’ll be posting a Paleo catch up blog over the next couple of days but I figured the most important thing was to get this amazing Chris Kresser recipe up on here for you to try!
So, here it is.
Paleo Pork Chop with Apple Gravy
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 pork chops, bone-in
- 2 TB lard, divided (I used coconut oil or olive oil – I can’t remember but either will work well!)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth (You can cook your own or I used Knorr as a pretty good substitute)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into slices
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- Rinse and pat dry the pork chops. Season to taste with salt and pepper (go easy on the salt) and sear on each side for 4 minutes in a pre-heated pan
- Set these aside on a warm plate
- Remove any left over ‘brown bits’ from the pan and add the other half of oil/lard
- Throw in pre-chopped onions and apples, cook for about 5-8 minutes until softened
- Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute or so
- Add the chicken stock
- Add the pork chops back to the pan with their meat juices (this helps make the yummy gravy!), covering the chops in the apples and onions
- Cover the pan and reduce to medium-low heat. Simmer until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove the pork chops once cooked back to the warm plate
- Simmer the left over juices on a medium heat until it reduces to a gravy
- Eat and Enjoy!!