This is painful.
It’s as painful for me as it is for you. I promise.
My resolutions are:
- Run a sub 4 hour marathon
- Practice rock climbing
- Squat my body weight
- Whale watching
- More travelling
- Survival techniques
I had forgotten that some of these even existed. And to be totally honest, I had added extra ones on the end that weren’t even on the original list! Not on purpose may I add…
Just goes to show that your mind is not as trust worthy as you might think!
So, the update on these is:
- Unfortunately, it is looking like I may not be able to afford to run off to New York as I had originally planned to run a marathon. I have some other plans on the horizon that are soaking up my funds at the moment. However, that does not mean that I am going to give up! I am planning to run something closer to home; either the Amsterdam or Budapest marathon. Both places I have never been before and both equally beautiful! Hence the tough decision.
- I had completely forgot that this was even on the list of goals for 2014. I’ve researched and found a place that does courses for beginners for a pretty decent price. I will fill you in on the details once I have been!
- Another one I had totally forgot about… This will start tomorrow morning. I can currently squat about 45kgs so not doing too bad so far! I’m going to research some methods on how to safely add weight over the next couple of days so I’ll make sure I stick a post in about that somewhere along the line!
- Still on the list – have not forgotten about this one! Hopefully I will be able to fit this in this year but it may need to be bumped because of saving priorities.
- On the list. Already been to Rome this year, which was fantastic, and have plans to do some more local European travelling as well as further afield. J and I will also be doing some more wild camping this year so watch out for that!
- Last but not least. This is an ongoing project for me. In order to put a little more structure around this one I might dig out some specifics from my books to utilise on our wild camping holidays… I’ll let you know how that goes!
Well, since I have actioned somewhat of a reset on my goals for 2014, I figured now is the perfect time to do so on my diet too.
30 Day Paleo Reset
Some of you that have read my previous posts know that I have been reading Chris Kresser’s, ‘You Personal Paleo Diet Plan’. This book is great, I really have nothing bad to say about it so far. Some of the chapters can get a little technical but there is an abundance of knowledge and research to back it up on his website.
The only thing I can say is that if you are only interested in quick fixes and someone to spoon feed you ‘how to get six pack abs in 30 days…’ this is not for you!
The first section of the book is all about cutting your diet back to the absolute basics, similar to the Whole 30 which I participated in through out January. I am going to do this again.
And in order to stay accountable, I am going to post something everyday about my mental and physical feelings, emotional wellbeing, what I’m finding tough and what I’m finding easy (if anything!?). And so on. I will also be posting pictures of everything I eat.
Now, let me tell you, I have some events happening over the next month that I will be dying to eat ‘badness’ (as J and I like to call it) or drink some lovely red wine, but I will refrain! And I trust all you guys to help me through it.
So, with out further a do… Here’s to day 1.