It’s been a pretty hectic couple of weeks – I apologise for the lack of blogging (again)!!
A lot has happened since my last post. If you check out my blog you’ll see that I’ve been selected to be a Girls Gone Sporty Ambassador!!! Whooop!
This basically means that I get to represent GGS in everything I do. I’ll have the chance to review some products and workouts and other cool stuff for them, as well as have my own personal profile on their website to help spread my message of fitness and wellbeing.
All of us new recruits have also been given access to a great little Facebook group (Team Stellar – you’ll see this hashtagged on pretty much everything I do from here on out) in order to keep up to date with one another and help out with tips and tricks that we have learnt along the way!
This basically means brand new stuff for you guys! Might even mean we get to do some competitions and giveaways! The only way to be a winner is to keep coming back!
Ok, so next on my news list… I have also been nominated for a Liebster Award! This is basically a form of recognition from fellow bloggers and readers alike. Once you have been nominated you have to answer 10 questions from your original nominator and go on to nominate another 10 bloggers yourself.
I was pretty pleased when I had been nominated by Lis over at 26.2 x 2 and Kristen from Good n Good For Ya (these questions will be in another post) – it’s something I’d seen around but never fully understood until I took the time to research it myself. It’s a really good way of showing your appreciation for all the hard work your fellow bloggers put into their posts and for me a great way to get to know some of the Team Stellar girls and boys.
Here are the rules:
1.) You must link back to the person who nominated you
2.) You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
3.) You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4.) You must create 10 questions for your nominees
5.) You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
Without further a do – here’s my questions answered from Lis @ 26.2 x 2
1. What is your preferred sport, and why do you love it so much?
I’m not sure I have one. I get something different from each sport I do, whether thats clearing my head on a run or releasing some stress in Muay Thai, they all definitely serve different purposes. One frustrating thing for me is that I never have enough time to fit in everything I want to do. I’d love to have more time to hike and climb and horse ride!
2. Tell me about your worst running/fitness related injury.
I’ve been pretty lucky on this front, I’ve never had anything happen thats been too debilitating. During my first ever marathon I finished with a huge blister, that was pretty difficult to walk around with! I’ve also had some pretty crazy bumps and bruises from MMA & Muay Thai but that’s to be expected. If you look closely at the bruise, you can see it started in the middle of my calf and eventually fell to my ankle… I’m pretty impressed that I’ve never knocked myself out lifting weights to be honest, I am the clumsiest person ever!
3. What type of running/workout shoes do you wear? Would you ever try something else?
I’ve always been an Asics girl. I am a neutral runner and I find that these have always served me well. I started out running in the Gel Nimbus and my last marathon in Chicago I transitioned to a more minimalist style, Gel Lyte 33 2. I’d love to try some of the Nike Free ones, I’ve heard such great things but a little afraid of buying into a fad!
4. How long have you been pursuing a healthy lifestyle for?
I was a totally junk food lover when I was a kid. I played a lot of school sports but was unable to take up the more serious positions that were offered to me. It wasn’t until my last year of college / heading off to uni that I started to feel the pressures of aesthetics and began heading down the unhealthy, neurotic route. I realised quite soon that this “controlled starvation” wasn’t sustainable and started running. It helped shape my outlook on life, became an outlet for university stresses and a very good coping mechanism for my life so far! Once you start exercise, it doesn’t usually take too long to find an interest in food and nutrition. You realise how important it is to fuel your body.
5. Currently, what are your short term goals vs long term goals?
I have a half marathon coming up in a few weeks that I would love to run in under 2 hours… however, I’m not sure the current training I have put in is going to help me achieve that. Longer term goals, I would love to study sports and nutrition/dietetics. That’s my main one but there are so many others I have, in fact, I should probably write them down somewhere and begin mini goals in order to reach them!
6. Favorite running/workout gear (not including sneakers)?
I mostly wear Nike because it’s easy to get hold of. Theres a couple of local shops near by and I’m that girl that ends up waiting until something is wrecked before I think about buying a new one! But I also LOVE Under Armour – there stuff is the best! Also, Mike Dolce has this new grey shirt out at the moment with the outline of a mans sweat on it (I’m not doing it justice!) that I would totally wear every day!
7. Finish this sentence: when I’m not running/working out, I’m…
Usually in the cinema with J or visiting family. I take my two nieces to a martial arts class every Saturday and then for some girly fun afterwards – that’s the best 🙂
8. What was the last great book you read?
I’m currently reading Chris Kressers “Your Personal Paleo Diet” (called Your Personal Paleo Code in the US – this had me confused for a long while!). Its a brilliant book! I have just started the 30 day reset which basically means that you cut out any rubbish from your diet for 30 days in order to see how it effects your body. It gives you loads of good info and if you buy the book, you get access to a mound of extra resources through his website. I’d definitely recommend this one!
9. What’s your favorite healthy food/meal?
I don’t think I really have just one! I love all food and the healthier the better. When you eat something that not just tastes great, but also makes you feel great, then theres nothing that can beat that! If I absolutely had to give you one answer right now, I would have to say mint lamb chops and steamed carrots, that was my dinner tonight and I could definitely go for seconds!
10. And your favorite non-healthy food?
Definitely the Gluten Free Marks and Spencer Millionaire squares. I dare not think of them – it takes a whole lot of talking down to not go and get them!!
And now for my nominees:
- Libby from http://bruisesinthefrosting.com
- Tamsyn from www.fatgirltoironman.co.uk
- Alicia from http://aliciamonaefitness.com
- Michell from http://ourthreepeas.com
- Gabi from http://leangreenislandgirl.com
- Lis from http://262×2.wordpress.com
- Kristen from http://www.goodngoodforya.com
- Brianne from www.willrunforamedal.blogspot.com
- Deborah from http://confessionsofamotherrunner.com
- Leigh from http://www.mybikramyogalife.com
- Ginger from http://www.minimewannabe.com
- Annmarie from http://www.TheFitFoodieMama.com
(Whoops, is that too many… oh well!! So many good blogs out there!!)
Here’s the questions you need to answer:
- How did you start your fitness journey?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What activities/sports are you most passionate about and what do you gain from doing them?
- Who is your fitness inspiration?
- Do you meal prep? If so, when and do you have any tips?
- What is your go-to breakfast recipe?
- Finish the sentence. When I’m not running I’m…
- Imagine this, you are on a self directed race and get lost. You find yourself beside a lake with no one else around. What do you do?
- List your top 2 short and long term goals
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Congratulations all of you! Can’t wait to catch up with you and see what your answers are 🙂