To disguise my lack of time management… I’ve swapped motivation Monday for Transformation Tuesday!
I came across the older blog of Taralynn yesterday and was hooked straight away. The more of her story I read, the more moved I became…
She’s a pretty tough cookie and has come out the other side of her struggles a stronger person.
I’ve decided not to go over and above on the detail here on Running On Clean. Instead, if you are interested and are in need of something to get your butt into gear (what ever your goal may be) then I suggest you head over!
Taralynn’s weight loss and healthy living tips:
- Avoid Sugar Free, Light & Fat Free: I stopped buying all of the sugar free, fat free, calorie free junk without looking at the ingredients. No more : sugar free jello, sugar free pudding, fat free butter or Splenda.
- Sleeping Schedule: Sleep is key, when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. It’s a way of letting your body restore and giving it a break. It boosts metabolism and immune system.
- Smaller Goals: Make goals for yourself that are realistic, healthy and obtainable. That is the key to moving forward.
- Don’t Eat It Because Your Friends Are: Remember to NOURISH your body with healthy food. Believe it or not, even though your friends are eating a lot of food, they are still depriving their body of nutrients. Feed your body what it deserves, not what you think it wants.
- Prepare, Prepare, Prepare! Make time on Sunday’s or your days off to prepare your meals and snacks for the week. Chop up fruits, vegetables and put them in containers for easy access in the refrigerator.
- Healthy Snacks: Try cutting up fruit and leaving it in the fridge for a fast grab. Keep it at the front of the fridge so it first catches your eye before something unhealthy does.
- Unnecessary Condiments: A lot of condiments contain a large amount of sugar, and who stops at 1 serving? Adding unnecessary condiments can cause a weight gain. It will creep up as you continue to use: ketchup, mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, sugar, ranch etc.
- Time Limit. Eating after certain hours: I make sure to eat all my meals before 7 pm or three hours before bed time. There is something about the night time that makes me want to dive into the m&m bag or gulp down a bag of chips. Giving myself a time limit helps me avoid that.
- Reduce your salt intake: salt might make your foods taste better, but it’s horrible on your blood pressure and heart. It also makes your body retain water causing you to feel bloated, heavy and just plain gross!
- Surround Yourself With Motivational People: People who give you positive comments about your body are just as important as a healthy diet. People who question your goals are discouraging.
And some of my favourite blog posts:
- I am always struggling for fresh idea’s for lunch – Unique Lunch Ideas For You!
- Anyone that know’s my love for green smoothies is going to want to read this – The Secret to Hiding The “Green Taste” in Smoothies!
- AM yet to try and “treat” Paleo recipes… Maybe this will be my first – Paleo Almond Butter Cookies with Only 3 Grams of Carbs!
There are SO many other really great posts over at Simply Taralynn. I honestly suggest you check it out for yourself.
I will be!! It’s my new guilty pleasure.